Cuarto Creciente Montessori School is a private bilingual school, authorized by the Regional Department of Education in La Rioja and engaged in the accreditation process with the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (Boston, USA).
But above all, Cuarto Creciente is a Montessori School, and that means that we work applying the method developed by Dr. Maria Montessori in rigorous way and with qualified staff. And how can we ensure that we are a real Montessori School? Because Cuarto Creciente Montessori School is an associate center of the International Montessori Institute, with register code 2012/053 IMI.
IMI is an organization with a clear purpose: Preserve the legacy of Maria Montessori through a rigorous and classical training, based on the doctor´s original sources. In turn, it adapts to current educational needs through continuous research in education, gathering in the same organization the best of Italian and Anglo-Saxon tradition. Therefore, International Montessori Institute issues internationally recognized certifications.
For a school to become an associate center of the International Montessori Institute, it must meet a number of requirements, including:
- Apply 100% Montessori pedagogy in its classrooms, with mixed aged groups.
- Have the suitable facilities to apply this pedagogy, according to the Montessori prepared environment.
- Have the equipment with complete Montessori material for each educational stage.
- Staff must be trained with Montessori qualifications, although some members of the staff may also be in the process of training.
In International Montessori Institute own words: “Continuing the work of Dr. Maria Montessori, in International Montessori Institute we defend an educational proposal whose mission is to provide assistance for children to achieve harmonious development of skills, knowledge and attitude; in order to be autonomous and also capable of integrate into social life. To be a member of our network of associate centers involves a big responsibility for us, towards our associate centers and also to interested families, as it represents a symbol of trust, because this accreditation recognizes schools with an educational system where children become the center of everything, respecting their different learning paces, focusing activities to that pace, giving them security and self-confidence and also providing them with the necessary tools to develop fully.
- To achieve this, we practice and promote respect as a fundamental value, in a place where error is possible, amended and a source of learning. We ensure the interests of our students, neutrality and tolerance.
- We foster dialogue and good treatment among all members of the educational community, based on criteria of justice, rationality, transparency, participation and respect for diversity.
- Our teaching team, in addition to having the Montessori training qualification at all different stages, most of them have a professional education related to education, backed by more than 35 years of experience in general management”.
Consequently, we can affirm that our school, as an IMI associate center, it is a guarantee of educational quality in the broadest sense.